Doon the Watter Cruise
Experience Scotland’s most famous river as you sail down the River Clyde from Glasgow to Dumbarton Rock.
Clyde Cruises’ fascinating DOON THE WATTER cruise offers an afternoon out to remember. Join us for this fascinating three hour round trip sailing that’s as informative as it is relaxing, as it depicts the growth and development of Glasgow illustrated by the stunning architecture seen from the river.
You’ll travel a distance of 22 miles along the river, enjoying spectacular rural and industrial scenery along the way. We’ll tell the story of how Glasgow made the Clyde and how the Clyde made Glasgow.
- Magnificent waterfront architecture
- View the city skyline from a completely different perspective
- Sail under Erskine Bridge
- Two busy active shipyards
- Experience the sights, sounds and natural wildlife of the river
- Dumbarton Castle situated on former volcano and most ancient fortified place in Britain.
- As we sail downriver, watch as the industrial city slowly gives way to rolling green fields and gently rising hills.
- Enjoy a hot drink and some delicious home baking
|Doon The Watter|
|1300||Depart Crowne Plaza Hotel, Glasgow|
|Sail to Dumbarton Rock|
|1705||Return to Crowne Plaza Hotel, Glasgow|
Dates of Operation
|Wed 3rd July to Friday 23rd August||Every Wednesday & Friday|
- Adults £15
- Children £8
Must be booked by 1800 on the day prior to sailing