Doon the watter
Come on a voyage of discovery along Scotland's River Clyde from Glasgow city centre, sailing past the world famous Titan Crane and down to the historical Dumbarton Rock.BOOK NOW
- Tour information
- How to book
- Departure points
Sailing "doon the watter" has a long history in Glasgow, when the town's workers would escape by Clyde steamer from the factories and shipyards for a day trip full of fresh air and beautiful scenery or would head off for their holidays to Clyde resorts such as Rothesay and Dunoon. Today, visitors to Scotland and Glasgow are rediscovering the delights of cruising on the Clyde.
- Travel along the river, enjoying spectacular rural and industrial scenery along the way
- Sail past two busy ship yards
- Full commentary
- Must be booked by 1800 on the day before sailing
- Enjoy a hot drink and some delicious home baking for sale in our coffee shop
- Adult: £ 18
- Child: £ 9
- Family: £ 48
- 2 hours 45 mins
June – Saturday 25th
July – Saturday’s 2nd, 9th, 16th, 30th
Aug – Saturday 6th, 13th
Sep – 3rd, 10th
Yorkhill Quay,nr Riverside Museum(dep) 1300 Sail to Dumbarton Rock Yorkhill Quay, nr Riverside Museum (arr) 1545
How to bookYou can book online now - quick, easy and reserves your space! Bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Yorkhill Quay, beside the Riverside Museum.
- If you are facing the main entrance to the Riverside Museum, walk to the left of the entrance round the side of the building.